According to the sun signs, the Leo is born between the 23rd of July and 22nd of August; this is the fifth among the 12 zodiac signs. Leo men are known for their hugely magnetic personality, irresistible charisma, and dominant nature.
What Type of Man is the Leo?
On the positive side, the Leo is hugely charismatic and would instantly command respect wherever he goes. He is a highly social being, who will always be at the centre of attention, as people are invariably drawn to his magnetic personality. The Leo is deeply respected, loved, and admired by those who know them.
Some of the best known positive traits of a Leo are loyalty, generosity, helpful nature, protective instinct, and as the name of the sun sign indicates, he is a natural-born leader. The Leo would go to amazing lengths to help people, especially if those people are among his friends and family.
He is emotive and experiences everything 100%. If he loves you, it will be 100%; if he hates you, it will be 100%. There are no shades of grey in a Leo’s heart or mind. You are either with him or you are against him.
There are a few downsides of this sun sign. Leo men are over-possessive and demanding with their romantic partner. The tactic of flirting with other men to make your Leo man jealous never works. This man will not shy from confronting anyone he feels can be a threat.
If he loves you – and this is love in all possible forms – he will own you. It does not matter whether you are his girlfriend, mother, sister, daughter, son, father, brother, etc. He will expect 100% deference, commitment, and compliance.
At the same time, he would make it clear that he is answerable to no one. He is the KING; he may do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without feeling the need to explain his behaviour to anyone.
What Does a Leo Man Find Irresistible in a Woman?
Leo men admire women who take pride in how they look. You need to wear clothes that flatter you, have your manicure and pedicure done regularly and overall look perfectly groomed at all times – no exception. There should be glamour exuding from you 24×7. A point to keep in mind here is that you should be careful not to steal his thunder. A Leo man needs to take the centre stage, even when he is with you.
Another trait that Leo men love in their women is their full attention and trust. He feels good when he knows that the woman he talks to hangs on to his every word. You need to be genuinely interested in him and respect him, which is not difficult because he is usually intelligent, confident and knowledgeable.
To love a woman, the Leo needs to be in total command. Hence, you should know that in a relationship with a Leo, you will always have to let him lead. If this is not something you are happy with, a man governed by this sun sign is not for you. However, if you love a man who takes leadership and responsibility in all decisions, then the Leo is the perfect find for you.
For a Leo man, nothing is more beautiful than a woman who adores him and is lavish with her affection. He loves to be showed off in front of friends and showered with affection. Nothing makes him happier than knowing his woman adulates him and loves showing it. Flatter him, pamper him, touch him and in general, have eyes only for him.
The Leo man looks for 100% fidelity. If he gets the slightest whiff that you enjoy other men’s attention, you can forget about winning him over. Loyalty and fidelity are non-negotiable with Leo men. Do not be fooled by his flamboyant, playboy image; Leos are among the most faithful life-partners you will ever find.
What Does a Leo Man Not Like in a Woman?
One of the most annoying things for a Leo man is to have his woman put him down on any matter. He does not take kindly to any confrontation or contradiction. This does not mean you need to be a doormat to win his heart, far from it. The Leo appreciates and respects a woman who knows what she wants and prefers the company of women with high self-esteem and confidence.
When you disagree, you need to be specific and clear about the matter and allow him to present his point of view. You will need to have a mature approach to any disagreement, as nagging, yelling, or sarcasm will push him away from you.
Leos are repelled by flirtatious women. If you think you can play the “make him jealous” game with him and win, think again. Playing hard to get might get you some brownie points if played right. However, flirting with other men or being involved platonically with other men is a total put-off for a Leo man.
A sure-fire way to lose your Leo man is to suffocate him with clinginess. Leos are attracted by adulation, but are turned off by women who are needy and need constant reassurance. For this man to love you, he needs to respect you.
How to Seduce a Leo Man: Easy Tips to Follow
- Make the conquest worthwhile– If you are a woman hung up on a Leo, you will find the most difficult thing is to catch his attention, without seeming to want to fight over him. Leos attract women like flies to honey, and that makes it challenging to catch his attention. The trick is to look confident and perfectly comfortable with yourself, while at the same time, show you are attracted to him. This man finds independent, confident, and well-groomed women irresistible. This is because his ego is appeased only when he feels the conquest is befitting his stature.
- Be the stand-in-the-crowd type of woman– Leos are attracted to beauty, like any other man. However, to him, more important than beauty is the woman who is bold and capable to follow her own mind. Leos do not like playing games while courting. They are hugely turned on by blunt and upright approaches.
- Don’t shy away from being physical– Leos love sex, but they also appreciate fidelity. While they wouldn’t expect you to jump into the bed with them at the first occasion, they would be turned on by a woman who can flirt in an outrageous manner. Leos love touch and feel and greatly appreciate women who don’t shy away. So, touch him and make is slightly sensual whenever you can. Hold his hand if you walk together, stroke his back lightly while talking with him, give him a tight hug when meeting him, and so on. Be careful that you do not come across as too eager or vulgar, as that would be a complete turn-off.
- Make him feel like he is the centre of your universe– Leos must be the centre of attraction wherever they go. When you talk with him, make him feel like he is the only man in the room – or even the world. Hang onto every word, laugh at his jokes, be amazed at the stories he tells, and so on. This is like a drug for him, and he will soon come back for more.
- Be partial to golden colour– some “experts” say Leo men seem partial to women dressed in gold/ yellow/ light orange, because it implies opulence and royal demeanour. While this theory has not been proved or disproved, keep in mind you need to wear an air of a queen about you for him to notice you. Choose colours that flatter you, have your hair done, use an expensive but subtle perfume. Overall, look regal without being aware of it. It takes a little practice, but it is worth the trouble.
- Allow him to be chivalrous– Leo men love to take care of their women. They will open doors, pick up the tab, put a jacket on your shoulders, and all such sweet gestures. Show him you appreciate him for doing this. Let him know you admire this trait in him, and all other traits you feel are praiseworthy. Leos love praise and flattery; they lap it up like cats.
- Do things that are special to him– do something that says you care for him. Search for an item he loves, take him to a restaurant that serves his favourite dish, find his favourite wine, find him special seats at his favourite game or concert, etc. Leo men are super impressed by people who care deeply for them.
- Stay unpredictable and mysterious– to capture his attention and hold his interest, you need to be “new” every time he looks at you. He needs to look forward to meeting you; he needs to feel excited about spending time in your company. While playing a little hard-to-get is good, be careful you do not overdo it, as the Leo man quickly loses interest if he feels you are not interested or you do not appreciate his company.
- Be honest and forthright– this man appreciates and values truth and trust above all else. If you have anything in the past he needs to know, do it now. Let nothing from your past explode into your life later in the relationship, as this would destroy it. The Leo man cannot maintain a romantic relationship with a woman he feels he cannot trust. To give him due credit, there is little that phases him, and if you are straight forward with him and truthful, you will find he would back you all the way, no matter the situation. Leo men are fiercely protective and unwaveringly loyal to those he counts as his own.
- Be his most loyal fan– if there is something Leo men cannot get enough of, it is enthusiastic adulation. If you are a woman who can cheer his every move, he will find you irresistible. Never hold him back, even when he is a little off- track. He needs to stand out of the crowd, and his boldness and innate confidence will often have him do things that no other men can do. Make him feel you are proud of him and you admire his opinion, decision, and thought.
It’s difficult to catch the attention of a Leo man, because he is used to attention and reverence wherever he goes. Whether he is at work or a social gathering, the Leo man would almost always take the centre stage. You will need to make considerable effort to catch his attention, but once you have it, you are in for a relationship like in fairy tales.
Be genuine, be confident, and stay true, and you will have your Leo man eating out of your hand in no time. As long as you feel proud of him and he feels loved and admired, your Leo man will never leave your side. Men under this sun sign are among the most loyal and fiercely protective of all. Just remember that Leos will never accept or tolerate any competition for their affection or contenders to the centre of the stage – even from you.
Want to know more about attracting a man?
You may wonder how I can know so much about this subject, but the truth is that I am no expert. I learned everything from a book they recommended when I tried to love the man in my life and my current partner, Javi.
The book is called "The Woman Men Adore…and Never Want to Leave". If you want to know how this book helped me to find and to love the man of my life I recommend that you read my story: Click here to read my story.
I hope all these tips and my story inspire you to get that man that makes you sigh. Lose the fear, follow all these tips and the book and you can do it, I assure you.