Shy girls can be some of the best girls to date as they have many attractive qualities. Some guys don’t want a girl who is too forward, or talks endlessly. A shy girl can be intelligent, think before she speaks, and best of all, she won’t chat up the other guys when she’s your girl.
But how can you tell if a shy girl really likes you? You need some signs or clues so you know if you should ask her out. Being struck down is the worst thing ever, and even the best-looking guys can struggle with figuring out whether she likes them or not.
Here are 15 of the top signs a shy girl likes you:
- She tells you. This doesn’t happen too often, but if she does say this, it’s your chance to find out if she wants to grab a coffee. While she may just be saying this because she likes you like a sister, it still gives you a chance to spend more time with her, because you never know when like can turn to love. So, if she whispers it so you can barely hear, be sure to be alert for this clue!
- She is always looking at you. Are there other guys cuter than you in the room? Are they the popular guys or the guys who play football, yet she is still looking at you? This can be another clue that she likes you. And if she also is always looking at you when you are speaking, including eye contact, it means that she is definitely interested in listening to what you have to say.
- Does she smile at you? It may have taken her some nerve to even begin smiling at you, but now that she’s done it, give her a chance to work up more nerve by always saying hi to her. Be sure to note if she generally smiles at everyone, or she smiles more in your direction.
- She ignores you completely and walks out of the room. In this instance it can be particularly difficult to tell if she likes you. What can be the reason for this type of behaviour? Perhaps she feels she’s out of your league and feels it’s best to avoid all contact with you. Maybe she’s afraid she’ll blush in your presence and you’ll laugh at her. The trick is to catch her unawares and say hi to her to see how she responds, or bring her a little gift.
- Her appearance changes. Have you ever been at an event and said hi to your friends, and then one of them has excused herself? She returns and you see she has done her hair and makeup, or even changed her outfit. She also makes certain that you have noticed, and you have. That’s one good sign.
- She accidentally brushes against you. At first you may have been annoyed, but now you are starting to wonder if she’s more than clumsy. Perhaps she touches your arm when she is talking to you. Or maybe when she passes you something her fingers always touch yours.
- She stays until you leave. Is there that one girl in class who always seems to stay until you leave, and who always arrives around the time you do? It seems as if she’s timing her appearance with yours.
- Check physical cues.If you’re chatting with a shy girl, does she lean toward you when you are talking to her? Is she moving her shoulders in alignment with yours? It’s these little physical cues that can tell you if she likes you or not. If her arms are crossed or her head is turned away, you may want to move on.
- She blushes and giggles when you look at her. People don’t blush or giggle at things they don’t like. If she does this when she looks at you, she may really like you.
- She laughs at all your jokes. Is there one girl you know who always laughs at your jokes, no matter how dumb or silly they are? Chances are she likes you a lot more than she likes other guys.
- Does she listen to you? Listening is not only a sign of respect for another person, it could also mean she is truly interested in what you have to say. Be sure to ask her questions too.
- She is super clumsy around you. Is there that one girl who always seems to be dropping stuff or walking into the walls? Perhaps you make her super nervous, but in a good way. Her strange behavior may mean that she likes you.
- She goes to the same places you do. Do you turn around and this one girl always seems to be where you are? It’s almost like she’s stalking you. You see her in the common room, the coffee shop, the library, and the cafeteria. You’ve even seen her at the same parties.
- She’ll show up with a new hairstyle. One day you’ll notice that she has a drastic new hairstyle, or her hair color has changed. Perhaps she thinks you didn’t notice her before, so you will now.
- You hear giggles when you walk past her group of friends. This could mean that not only does she like you, but so do her friends.
At times it may be difficult trying to figure out how to know if a shy girl likes you, but let this list be a guide. Perhaps tomorrow you’ll be ready to ask her for a coffee!