How to tell if a guy is flirting you can be a difficult issue to solve, and at the same time a very easy question to answer if you know how to read their signs. Sometimes it may result difficult to read women body language, but we are going to tell you how to start.
First, three things you need to know in advance before you keep trying to find out if he is flirting with you for some deep reasons:
- Some men only flirt with girls for the mere pleasure of doing it, without any real intention.
- If a boy is flirting with you, it doesn’t mean he has a crush on you –he may desire you only for one night!
- Whether consciously or unconsciously, men flirt with attractive girls all the time.
Now that we have advised you about how to avoid disappointment when flirting with men, we can continue.
How do guys flirt: know their ways
Scientists and love experts have determined different kinds of seduction. The art of seducing can be complicated and not all guys act the same or talk about the same to girls. That is why you need to know the different kinds of flirting in order to tell if a guy is trying to attract you.
The honest guy: they are more attentive, they look at you right in the eye and they don’t mind talking about their personal things. They are open to others and make girls feel very comfortable, as they do not try to hide anything.
The traditional gentleman: by traditional, we mean that he thinks he is the one that needs to make the first step. This kind of men tend to lean towards the girl and his body posture if often relaxed. They like to be the center of attention and use classic pick-up lines.
The educated man: we don’t mean that the others are not educated, but this guy especially is. They are a bit more complicated than the rest, as they may create some physical distance between the two of you and their tone of voice is very uniform. Once they feel more comfortable, they slowly approach to you and start flirting more clearly.
The “physicist”: the name has nothing to do with chemistry or physics. This nickname comes because these are the ones that like to touch from the very beginning, their physical approach is very clear. They slightly touch your arm or your back in the first date. This may result in uncomfortable and awkward situations.
The funny boy: he is probably not the most handsome or the smarter, but he definitely knows how to make you laugh. And that makes him earn a lot of points when it comes to flirt with girls. He is the first to break the ice and he makes funny jokes.
Now, every time you are talking alone with a guy, you can distinguish if he is one of the above, and thus know if he is trying to flirt with you!
Learn to read the signs a guy is flirting with you
When it comes to express feelings, girls are often more obvious and quite more sincere. On the contrary, guys have a hard time showing in public their feelings. Probably, this is because most of them still drag that old belief that boys have to be tough and it is not ok to show emotions.
How to know if a guy is flirting with you is a bit different than the discovery of his real feelings. In this case, most men are like open books: they show what they want to get. So, unless that man has developed special techniques to hide his movements, it is pretty easy to see the signs a guy is flirting with you just by observing what he is doing.
Pay attention and make no mistake, as you may be losing the opportunity of your life!
- If he is brave enough, he will compliment your hair, your hairstyle or even your body. You need to understand that, as a general rule, men believe in the beauty of unjustified compliments. The rarely compliment girls for their clothing or accessories, only when they are in the mood of flirt or they are looking for a potential lover.
- He tries to impress you, especially with his friends around. Try to see the difference between this and a high ego!
- A very important sign a guy likes you is non-verbal language: in other words, all the things he says without talking, just with movements, gestures and positions. Let’s see some examples:
- If he keeps looking at you all the time it means that he is watching over you. He is trying to find out why are you laughing, who is that guy you are talking with and if you are safe. It is a natural instinct, so if every time you look at him he is looking at you, there is no doubt.
- On the same aspect, if he is explaining something to a bunch of people but he only looks at you as if you were the only one listening… he needs your attention.
- And his eyes once again can expose him to the truth and betray him without him knowing. When a boy feels attracted to a girl, his pupils will dilate and increase its size. On the other side, if a man is not interested in a woman, his pupils will contract.
- He charmingly smiles at you from the distance and also when you are talking together. He is having a good time and wants to let you know!
- Blushing is a body function that we cannot control, so if he blushes around you, then you can be sure that he definitely likes you. In fact, any man can blush when he sees a beautiful woman!
- Sometimes men tend to imitate our movements. Of course, they do it unconsciously and it is a great sign of flirting and that he enjoys being with you. For example, you laugh and he laughs as well, or maybe you put your hands on the table, you drink, or you touch your hair and he is like a mirror.
- If he puts his hands on his hips it is a sign that he is trying to look very confident and manly to you.
- Also, if he bows his head a bit, it means that he likes you. If his head is inclined towards you, he is definitely flirting, because he is paying attention and he is interested in what you are saying –or at least, he is very good at pretending. Women like to be heard and understood!
- He will start all Whatsapp conversations, and he will often use a stupid excuse, such as a funny image or a random joke.
- He looks forward to physical contact, and he normally makes it look as “accidental”. This means that he is trying to get your attention and this is just an excuse to start talking with you.
Don’t get him wrong: things that may wrongly seem like flirting!
When it comes to relationships, seduction and flirting, things start to be messed up and, overall, a bit confusing. We lose logic thinking and we try to find transcendental meaning to insignificant actions that don’t mean anything at all. So we get obsessed about the meaning of that “Hello” or what he meant with that “See you later!”
And, obviously, we try to see positive things in those interactions. We can misread every gesture, movement and word from the boy we like. Our logical part of our mind will say that it doesn’t mean anything, but our feelings may confuse us and we start to feel hopeful and excited for every little thing.
This whole process of “Does he like me or not?” or “Is he flirting with me or not?” is tedious and unproductive, and our friends will get tired of us very soon. So take into account the following points before making any decision:
- Even the fact that guys can be more obvious when flirting with a girl, only 28% of women notice that the other part is trying to seduce her. On the contrary, boys often see signs of flirting where there are not.
- Yes, if he smiles and makes jokes it is a good sign, but be careful because it is not always because of a sexual desire. Maybe he is just like this! Try to figure out if he behaves the same way with other people, especially girls.
- Learn how to distinguish flirtation with friendliness or cordiality. If someone treats you in a kind and respectful way, with education and paying attention to you, he is being cordial, not necessarily flirting.
Want to know more about attracting a man?
You may wonder how I can know so much about this subject, but the truth is that I am no expert. I learned everything from a book they recommended when I tried to love the man in my life and my current partner, Javi.
The book is called "The Woman Men Adore…and Never Want to Leave". If you want to know how this book helped me to find and to love the man of my life I recommend that you read my story: Click here to read my story.
I hope all these tips and my story inspire you to get that man that makes you sigh. Lose the fear, follow all these tips and the book and you can do it, I assure you.